The Consultancy group are partnering a well-known PE backed Retailer who are currently going through huge growth on an international scale. They currently have over 300 stores across Europe, America and APAC. Part of their success is due to the very strong e-commerce presence, dominating their specific market across multiple platforms both in the UK and Internationally
The role: Assistant Management Accountant
Reports to: Finance Manager
The successful candidate will support the Finance Manager who is responsible for periodic reporting, financial processes and control and providing financial support and insight to the Supply Chain team
As part of a team of 3 you will have ownership of Supply Chain. This is at the heart of the business with a large budget to manage and it will also include working with the 5 distribution centres placed internationally.
- Prepare and post period end journal entries ensuring you are accurate with all costs and capex.
- Balance sheet reconciliations with all reconciling items investigated and resolved promptly.
- Variance analysis of budget with commentary explaining variances.
- Supporting the Finance Manager with the preparation of reporting.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis to reduce finance risk on drivers of overspend.
- Develop stakeholder relationships across Supply Chain.
- Support the budgeting and forecast process, working with the Commercial Finance team.
- Involvement with year-end process, preparation of deliverables for the audit team and be a key contact for Auditors.
- Preparation and filing of VAT returns and Intrastat overseas.
- Support the preparation of statutory reports.
- Identify process improvements and supporting the implementation of these changes.
- Ad Hoc project work within the finance team as and when required.
This progressive role would suit someone part qualified. Full study support is offered with the ability to move into a qualified Management Accountant role once all exams have been passed.
- Studying for ACCA/CIMA/ACA accountancy qualification.
- 3 years experience working within a Finance team
- Retail industry experience preferred but not essential
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and a desire to drive improvements in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial business.
- Excellent numeracy and IT skills including advanced Excel with a strong attention to detail.