The Consultancy Group are working with a renowned publishing company. They are searching for a Junior Business Analyst to join the group in a newly created role. A great opportunity for a part-qualified individual to support the reporting, planning and forecasting as well as business partnering key teams including Sales, Marketing and PR.
Budgeting & Forecasting:
- Work with the UK Finance Manager and UK sales team to prepare the bottom up, title based, annual budget and quarterly forecasts for the UK business.
- Assist with quarterly cost centre budgeting for Corporate & shared cost centres.
- Help to prepare the UK budget and forecast packs for presentation to the board.
- Assist in the preparation of the global budget pack for the board
- Completion of month end processes for the UK and Corporate including reconciliations; preparation of provisions and accruals; and review of overheads
- Critically analyse the UK P&L and understand variances ensuring accuracy throughout
- Support in the consolidation of the global monthly management accounts including the P&L and balance sheet
- Prepare the UK month end pack and KPIs, supporting the UK Finance Manager with commentary for presentation to the UK leadership team
- Prepare UK KPIs and commentary for inclusion in the monthly Exec Pack
- Oversee daily sales reporting
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly customer profitability reporting analysing the performance of key customers in the UK
- Act as a trusted business partner to the UK Sales, Marketing and PR teams providing commercial analysis as required
- Work with key business partners including UK Sales, Marketing and PR to ensure effective cost management
Ad hoc analysis and projects as required for the UK Finance Manager and Head of Planning & Reporting
Key Skills Required:
- Part - qualified accountant
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and clearly report financial data
- Strong commercial awareness - the ability to see the broad perspective
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
Knowledge of Business Objects / SAP/ Hyperion /Anaplan would be advantageous