Business Analyst - Finance Transformation
Fashion Retailer - £450-£500pd - 6 Months
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Analyst to join a fast-growing retail brand who have made recent investments across the Digital and Finance function of the business.
A key part of this growth is a large-scale Finance Transformation programme. As a Finance Business Analyst, you will report into & work with the Technology & Business Analysis teams, being responsible for analysing the As-Is processes for all aspects of Finance.
You will have a good understanding of AP, AR and General Ledger processes, including inventory valuation, standardised monthly reporting and statutory financial reporting. Working with the Accounting, AR, AP and Tax teams to document AS-IS and develop To-Be processes.
- Analyse, document and propose solutions for technically complex business areas
- Prepare functional specifications
- Analyse and document business processes
- Document work-flows and results of business analysis and obtain sign-off from stakeholders
- Be the link between stakeholders, development team and any third-party IT supplier, throughout the development life cycle
- Facilitate workshops with stakeholders
- Gather Business Requirements for IT projects
- Working with the Technical Architect to help develop system designs
- Create Business Requirements documentation - high level and low level and explain/communicate those to all business and IT interested parties
- Create Functional Specification documents
- Assess the impact of changing requirements
- Identify options for potential solutions and assess for both technical and business suitability.
- Produce Test Scenarios and work with the Quality Assurance analyst.
- Facilitate training sessions with end users on the new system.
- An accounting qualification (e.g.: ACA, ACCA or international equivalent, CIMA) preferred
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and persuade through credibility, integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain relationships with a wide range of people across an organisation
- Enthusiasm, resilience, drive and commitment, with the ability to work effectively and with minimal supervision in a fast paced, fast growth environment.
- 3-5 years business analysis experience.
- Experience working on an ERP implementation.