Business Systems Analyst - Online Retail - Finance Transformation
Business Systems Analyst, Business Analyst, Retail, Online, Fashion, Finance implementation, Finance Systems, Finance platform, requirements gathering, user journeys, work flows, analysis, stakeholder management Excel, BI, Microsoft Dynamics, Prince 2
The Consultancy Group is recruiting on behalf of a successful online retailer who are currently going through vast growth.
The business are in the process of migrating legacy systems onto a new finance platform, implementing a new expense management system and looking for other opportunities to streamline processes and reporting.
They now require a Business Systems Analyst on a permanent basis to play a vital role in the development of Finance systems and other business systems that provide financial data.
- Proactively engage with users outside the ICT function to understand their current and future business requirements and document their needs.
- Map user journeys, document work flows, and capture business processes
- Prepare business requirements and high-level functional specifications
- Manage business systems projects including business case preparation and reporting
- Coordinate user acceptance testing
- Create and review procedures including instructions and guides for users
- Propose and review role-based access controls for business systems
- Follow change management practices and manage transition to operations
- Train users on data quality concepts and where appropriate, produce reports for business areas to help them identify data quality issues
Key Skills Needed:
- Minimum of 2 year's equivalent work experience in business systems management
- Project management certification desirable (e.g. Agile, PRINCE2) or recognised qualification in business analysis
- Specifically focused on Finance implementations with a strong background of understanding relevant concepts and processes
- Translation of user requirements into technical specifications
- Production of high-quality procedural documentation and conducting of user training sessions
- Use of advanced Excel functions and knowledge of reporting tools (e.g. BI)
- Realisation of opportunities to improve workflows and business processes
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act and its application within an organisation
- Administration of SharePoint Online as a records management and intranet solution highly desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision/ Business Central as a finance management solution