My client a global retailer and manufacturer with an office in Milton Keynes are looking for a Central Finance Manager to join their growing team.
The role represents a unique opportunity to be part of a team delivering a comprehensive accounting service as part of the Group Finance function.
Group Costs and Processes provides:
- Record to report activities for the Group Management Services company and PLC entity;
- Financial control for gross budgeted expenditure of c£60m;
- Support to other Group functions; and
- Transaction processing for:
- Purchase to pay
- Payroll recording
- Asset accounting
- Business unit recharges
- Employee expenses.
Job role and responsibilities:
Ø Recording and Control
The role has overall responsibility for ensuring that all transactions are recorded accurately and on a timely basis. Responsibilities include:
- Process monthly transactions for inter-company loans and interest, reconcile balances and agree with counterparties;
- Prepare and post the monthly payroll journal, liaising with Payroll Department to follow up on any queries that may arise;
- Prepare monthly journals for prepayments and accruals, liaising with Group Finance Business Partner regarding expenditure that has been incurred but not invoiced;
- Maintain the fixed asset register; and
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for Head Office companies, following up on and resolving reconciling items on a timely basis
- Responsibility for the maintenance and development of Head Office accounting system (SAP) including arranging upgrades, testing
- Driving improvements, post SAP implementation
- Responsibility for the Head Office Purchase Order process.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT return;
- Preparation of the annual PSA return and
- Responding to ad-hoc queries received from the tax department.
- Liaise with Budget Holders to ensure that costs are recorded in the correct period and queries resolved;
- Submit monthly results for relevant entities into Group accounting software, ensuring data submitted reconciles to the underlying ledgers; and
- Work with the Group Finance Business Partner to deliver the monthly management reporting packs for Global functions to help drive oversight of total cost and benchmarking as appropriate.
Ø Financial Forecast
o Lead the Annual Operating Plan and in-year Reforecast exercises for Central Costs;
o Actively engage key budget holders in the forecast process and lead each to budget approval.
- Primary point of contact with auditors for the year-end audit of Head Office entities;
- Own the central transfer pricing process including raising intercompany invoices and ensuring assumptions clearly communicated to markets for the forecast update process.
- Prepare statutory accounts for central legal entities.
Ø Lead, motivate and develop one direct report - Ensure performance expectations are set, have regular meaningful conversations and focus on developmental opportunities.
Ø Performs other duties, as appropriate.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
o Fully Qualified Accountant
o Knowledge of SAP and Coupa desirable
o Good knowledge of AP process
o Experience of driving process improvements
o Experience of management accounting, and ideally experience of managing their own corporate entity / entities
o Good understanding of financial accounting and businesses processes
o Delivery focused with an ability to work to tight deadlines
o Management Reporting experience
o Business Partnering skills
o Strong MS Excel Skills
o High level of accuracy and attention to detail