The Consultancy Group are currently looking for a commercial focused Finance Director to join a Media business in Central London.
Reporting in to the CFO this is a role for a proven FD to join a high growth business and drive thier commercail growth.
- Form close working relationships with the Managing Directors of the main businesses so that financial and strategic goals are achieved.
- Contribute to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Lead and develop finance teams of the right calibre with development and succession plans in place
- Lead and manage the budgeting and forecast processes
- Ensure that the business has the right level of high quality management accounts for London and TV businesses to grow and develop the business lines in accordance with the strategic plan
- Manage and monitor the cash and debt for the group to meet the targets in place
- Lead the team for statutory accounts and ensure the annual audit is completed
- Lead the group's tax affairs, including tax reporting and strategy
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Ideally a previous Finance Director who is looking to broaden their skill set and experienced within a dynamic and developing organisation
- Technically able across all disciplines of financial management, tax, statutory accounts and cash management
- Strategic leader and thinker, analytical and commercially astute
- Media experience and interest desirable
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Proven track record of demonstrating successful growth, development and innovation through financial and business management.
- Evidence of the ability to think clearly and act decisively, to lead and motivate a large team of people, many of whom will have more knowledge and experience in a particular part of the business, and to work collaboratively and effectively with areas not directly under one's control.
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to represent the business at the highest levels.
- Ability to organise and manage a very broad role and juggle priorities successfully
- Strong presentation skills and impact, being competent in presenting ideas clearly and convincingly so as to influence others - demonstrating personal presence, confidence, gravitas and the ability to earn trust and respect quickly.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative approach; able to work across diverse teams.
- Non-political, action oriented and happiest working in a meritocratic culture