The Consultancy Group has been retained by an online Media client of ours on an exciting Chief Technology Officer opportunity.
The newly appointed CTO will work closely with the CEO, the Managing Director, and Exec leadership team, as well as third parties as the business ramps up for its next stage of growth. The CTO will need to interact and influence effectively at Exec Level, working closely with the heads of Editorial/Publishing, Ad Operations and Data/CRM teams to drive development roadmaps, day to day operations and to identify both potential opportunities and risks of content, data management, reporting tools and utilisation.
As this is a newly created position within the business, the CTO will initially be responsible for reviewing and restructuring the team where necessary to create a fit for purpose function that will support the business strategy and growth plans, including data, marketing and ecommerce. There is direct management oversight of c. 15-20 staff, and accountability for a wide range of external development and operations partners / suppliers.
- The ideal candidate will be a technology leader with previous CTO / Head of Technology experience in publishing businesses with advertising, subscription and mobile platforms.
- You will have experience working in a fast-paced delivery environment with a complex systems landscape, with contending priorities.
- Have previously managed development processes including agile delivery, third- party vendors and offshore development teams.
- Have the ability to communicate at all levels, both written and verbal
- Have previously provided leadership and management to a technology team of similar size.
- Have solid technology architecture experience.
- Have previously managed external relationships with key suppliers.
- Manage technology budget, resourcing forecast and plans
- Work closely with the CEO to provide analysis of the technology landscape and trends to assist in creating strategic plans for the future.
- Responsible for technology roadmap, delivery of development projects by internal and third party teams.
- Responsible for technology architecture, infrastructure and digital operations
- Responsible for overseeing development and delivery processes.
- Evaluating and implementing new systems and infrastructure
- Managing third party vendor relationships including cost and quality management
- Managing quality assurance and security processes
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield a competitive advantage
- Monitor KPIs and key business systems to assess technical business performance
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory and legal standards.
- Responsible for timelines and quality of the development and deployment of all technical projects
- Stay on top of technology trends and developments.
If this opportunity is of interest to you then we'd love to hear from you.