The Consultancy Group are currently looking for a Newly Qualified Commercial Accountant to join an independent Advertising business based in Central London.
Reporting in to the Commercial Operations Manager this is a great oportunity for a Newly Qualified Accountant from practice to gain commercial and business partnering expeince.
- First point of call for client teams regarding revenue, WIP, pricing and other ad-hoc account queries
- To manage revenue forecasting and the budgeting process by leading conversations with account teams and preparing schedules for the Finance Director to review
- Managing revenue recognition, ensuring compliance with UK GAAP and ensuring correct documentation is in place to support quarterly and year-end numbers.
- Controlling open WIP position on projects and working with the financial accountant to appropriately manage cash flow
- To ensure completion of monthly GM models for UK and Paris, ensuring sales and GM data for the period aligns with the general ledger
- Review monthly actual revenue versus forecast and provide commentary on variances for the Finance Director
- Ensure freelance costs are reported accurately and work with Head of Delivery to ensure spend is appropriate and minimised where possible
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger with focus on key commercial areas such as gross margins, WIP, debtors and deferred revenue
- Work with Financial Accountant on treasury and cash flow to maximise working capital
- Maintain integrity of rate card information ensuring only valid rates are used by account teams and establishing appropriate rates for new business opportunities
- Work with other regional locations to ensure ongoing sharing of knowledge and best practises
- Work with the senior finance team to deliver regular commercial training for non-finance staff
- Provide on-boarding training to ensure new joiners are fully competent (where required) in timesheet completion, expenses submission, setting up OpenAir dashboards, maintaining revenue forecast trackers, reviewing and interpreting labour burn reports and other utilisation reports; delegation to the Client Accountant where appropriate
- Qualified ACA or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Excel skills and systems literacy
- Ability to work well under pressure, working accurately with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Real team player with innate desire to embrace change