- Strong business partner driving value through insight, challenge and support
- To provide insightful and value adding analysis & review
- To ensure financial rigour, governance and controls are in place
- Answer generic queries sent to the commercial finance team and support simplicity
- Strong number two in commercial finance team and able to substitute for Finance Manager - Commercial when required. Support other commercial analysts
- Support our growth strategy, by acting as the financial partner to the brand agency business, ensuring vigorous financial controls and analysis are in place to measure performance against the annual budget
- Ensure 'best' practice processes / reporting are adopted consistently across all areas
- Work in conjunction commercial teams to identify commercial opportunities and ROI of marketing proposals, along with effective measurement and evaluation of marketing activities
- Evaluate customer proposals to ensure all deals are aligned with commercial policy
- Provide commercial insight, highlighting issues and recommending remedial action
- Support budget process in conjunction with commercial team and commercial finance
- Management of monthly forecast cycle, understanding of full year forecast and risks and opportunities
- Month end close activities in collaboration with management accountants and commercial teams to ensure close is accurate and understood
- Maintenance of appropriate commercial controls over spending and customer/supplier commitments
- Monitoring of currency risk and ensuring risks are understood and controlled
- Manage customer and brand profitability versus plan and understanding of deviations
- Be a key financial partner to the Sales Teams, working closely alongside commercial team, providing explanations of variances vs. budget and LY and promoting insightful discussion on financial performance
- To provide outstanding business partnering with constructive challenge and support and instil the right behaviours across the commercial team
- Provide pricing support, working with key stakeholders on financial projects
- Ad Hoc Analysis as requested by business partners
- Wider finance team
- Commercial teams across brand business
- Conviviality Trading leadership team
Employee Profile :
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong numerical skills with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and strong influencing skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Delivering accurately within tight timescales.
- Advanced Excel Skills. Good working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Access.
- Preferred experience of Coda Dream / Qlikview / Maginus software / Netsuite.
- Part Qualified Accountant / someone with significant accounting experience
- Experienced business partner - experience gained in relevant industry
- Wine Industry experience a strong advantage. Alternatively FMCG (preferred) or Retail Commercial Management Accounts / Analysis
- Budgeting and forecasting in a commercial environment