The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for a Commerical Finance Manager for an established media buisiness on a 6 month contract. This is a unique opportunity to contribute towards the ongoing success of an expanding team within a growing, exciting FTSE 250 company, with exposure to senior leadership across the organisation.
Responsibilities of the role:
- You will be to work closely with the Head of Finance - Tech and Finance, activity will comprise:
- Month-end ownership and closure.
- Forecast review, submission and the provision of associated variance analysis/commentaries.
- Updating monthly forecast packs for presentation to senior leadership.
- Assisting with Capex reviews and investment case tracking.
- Development of cost centre reporting for sub-function owners.
- Following completion of the above the requirement will shift to working with Finance Director - Business Partners, activity will be consistent but focused on Property cost centres.
- There will also likely be ad-hoc analytical activity.
Skills and attributes:
- High degree of numeracy with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Able to work proactively, independently, efficiently and accurately in a time sensitive environment.
- Forward thinker who challenges the status quo and drives continuous improvement.
- Attention to detail and a laser sharp focus on analytical excellence.
- Comfortable working with large datasets and able to distil complex issues down to key messages.
Knowledge and experience:
- Qualified accountant.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (knowledge of ThinkCell an advantage).
- Experience of FP&A consolidation/planning tools, preferably Essbase and Hyperion Planning.
- Experience partnering with non-Finance business leaders.
- Sizeable P&L/cost base ownership.
- Extensive management accountant experience i.e. month-end, forecasting, reporting, commentaries, risks and ops, etc.