A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Commercial Finance Manager who is keen to progress their career within a leading Retailer working at their London Head Office.
This position will offer you fresh new challenges during a very exciting time for the business. Such as new systems, new stores opening Internationally, as well as being put forward for several awards for 2019 to be part of!
The role will have responsibility for all aspects of people management and development for a finance analyst.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance, the primary responsibility of this wide ranging role.
- Support the production of the weekly trading report & develop the insight & analysis available to the business over trading
- Support the Annual Budgeting process, co-ordinating the timetable & process, inputs from across Finance, Directorate reviews & producing value added outputs for Board review
- Support the quarterly Forecasting process, co-ordinating the timetable, inputs, stakeholder reviews & producing value added outputs for Board review
- Produce & continually enhance all Monthly Reviews of performance for CEO & Board stakeholders to stimulate the right debates at senior level, as well as co-ordinate the monthly 'flash' review within Finance
- Support the introduction of a Business Planning process
- Ownership of the Finance reporting tools, including team training & development of these tools, ensuring these are still fit for purpose post the new ERP implementation
- Broader responsibility for all reporting & analysis of company wide performance on a weekly, monthly & adhoc basis focusing on the key events & drivers within the organisation
- Ownership & development of the Finance information infrastructure & systems to improve the efficiency & effectiveness of Finance activity
- Develop a better understanding of the Financial dynamics of our varying Channels, Product Categories & Customer sets to influence the Operating model of the future
- Develop the longer term modelling of Cash flows to support the control of Debt & Banking Covenants
- Manage the day to day activities of an Analyst direct report & support with their on-going development.
Qualifications/Key Skills & Personal Attributes
- Experienced qualified Accountant with good post qualification experience
- A high degree of Retail experience gained in Commercial Finance & Financial Planning & Analysis roles
- Experience of co-ordinating activities such as Budgeting, Planning & Forecasting, with the ability to forward plan accordingly
- High degree of systems literacy with the ability to translate data into insightful analysis
- Excellent presentation skills as regards financial performance & analysis
- Strong proven analytical skills with the ability to identify key business issues & provide appropriate analysis to facilitate business debate
- The ability to be able to communicate effectively across Finance & Non Finance stakeholders, as well as senior management
- A personality that can build strong relationships across Finance & the rest of the business
- A desire to continually improve outputs & process & someone who sets high standards for themselves & others
- Experience of managing & leading the development of others