An instantly recognisable brand are looking to hire a Compliance Officer, reporting directly to the CFO. The role will be responsible for ensuring the Company complies with relevant external regulation and legislation as well creating monitoring systems to ensure business wide adherence to internal policies. The role holder will own and maintain the Risk Register and will offer training and support to colleagues to increase understanding of regulatory requirements, compliance policies and ethical conduct across the organisation.
- Monitoring business wide operations for compliance with regulatory and policy requirements
- Conduct reviews of organisational practices and operations in order to assess adherence to policies and regulations
- Consult with others to identify root causes of non-compliance events
- Implement the Risk and Governance Framework and play an active role in developing and maintaining the Risk Register
- Conduct on site compliance monitoring programmes to review regulatory processes and systems and controls
- Protect IP/business assets by ensuring relevant controls are in place and adhered to
- Manage the Internal Audit Process
- Ensure agreements, leases, and contracts are compliant with the various regulations and monitor the companies performance regarding compliance and provision of information.
- Reporting non compliance issues to the CFO and Exec Committee / Group Compliance function
- Help develop and deliver regulatory and compliance training programmes and to act as an educational and training resource on all compliance matters
- Determine what policies are applicable and needed in the organisation
- Review and update procedures to reflect changes in legislation and the business
- To identify best practice within the industry and keep up to date with regulatory developments
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory and legislative policy and procedures
- Risk Management experience/knowledge
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Application of High Ethical Standards personal integrity and a sense of ethics to remain independent
For further information on this role, please contact Phil Smyth.