The role is responsible for supporting the management accounting aspects of the business, reporting to the Finance Manager, and working closely with the FP&A team. The role is based out of the Central London office.
This position is key in providing financial support to the business and is pivotal in providing communication between the business and various partners. It is a wide-ranging, hands on role that is close to the heart of the business and will involve working closely with different organisations to successfully deliver crucial financial support.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with completing the end to end close process
- Monitoring timetables
- Coding and submitting into CODA for review and reporting
- Assist with bookkeeping entries required.
- Ensure the balance sheet is correctly accounted on a monthly basis
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are kept up to date, including intercompany, credit cards, fixed assets, prepayments and accruals, deferred and accrued income, taxes.
- Assist the Finance Manager with processes to capture and reconcile all revenue streams
- Ensure that invoices are raised to external and internal parties
- Ensure all costs are accounted correctly and completely by event, budget and month and challenge as appropriate.
- Agree to processes for allocating costs
- Assist with approval of invoices to contracts and the PO system.
- Assisting with the preparation and issuing of reporting on a monthly and annual basis including forecasting, month end management accounts
- Appropriate performance reports to any shareholders and any other required ad hoc reports.
- Assist the team tax advisor with the completion of quarterly FEU and VAT returns
- Previous experience (2+ years) working in a finance role in a similar level in a fast moving environment
- Ideally part-qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Experience in the Media industry, ideal but but not essential
- You will have strong experience of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel (formulae, pivot tables).
- Experience with CODA Financials and Infor Reporting preferred, but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, be confident and personable.
- High level of accuracy as you will be required to work with large data sets.
- Determined and innovative approach to continually improve underlying processes and eliminate manual/redundant procedures.