A FTSE 250 Plc with a global presence in over 35 countries are recruiting a Corporate Tax Manager, based in Birmingham. Working alongside the Group Head of Tax and Group Tax Manager in a fast-paced environment, you will have the opportunity to bring fresh insights to the role and have an appetite to work with IT and finance to identify any opportunities for efficiencies or improvements to existing processes.
- Main point of contact for HMRC corporate tax team
- Preparation & submission of UK CT Returns for 14 UK companies
- Preparation & submission of 3 Irish CT Returns
- Working with IT / advisors to identify any appropriate opportunities to improve existing processes
- Responsibility for the tax accounting for statutory accounts and group reporting
- Preparation of Irish CT estimates and UK group payment arrangement calculations
- Preparation of CIR calculations for the UK group and associated compliance reporting
- Submission of Country by Country notifications - UK & Ireland
- Annual performance of CFC reviews
- HMRC applications for WHT exemption and Certificate of Residence applications
- After a period in role, you'll be expected to recruit and manage appropriate resource to help support delivery of key responsibilities.
This role is ideal for someone who is experienced in corporation tax, ideally with experience of working in practice and in-house.
- Chartered Institute of Taxation and / or ICAEW qualified
- Experience of preparing tax calculations and disclosures under IFRS statutory accounts and group reporting
- Experience of preparation of UK corporate tax returns for large/complex businesses
- Experience of dealing with tax authorities
- Understanding of country-by-country reporting requirements
- Strong knowledge of UK corporate tax legislation, including in particular CIR rules, capital allowances and CFC legislation
- A strong understanding of HMRC filing processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For further information on the role, please contact Phil Smyth.