Currently seeking an experienced Credit Manager for a global retailer based in Essex.
This is a brand new role, at a very exciting time for the business. Candidates must be fully CICM Qualified, and come from a retail background. This is a brand new role within the team and you will have the opportunity to build out your own team.
- Managing the company credit policy and procedures within the levels of authorisation to maximise sales and minimise risk.
- Managing the team training and development
- Undertake performance reviews in line with company policy.
- Collaborate with other teams on Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Promote the Customer Portal and its further development.
- Prepare and distribute periodic aged debt, DSO, financial and query management reports in accordance with the Group norms and timescales.
- Support the Sales teams with the processing and verification of new account applications, credit limit reviews, account closures and Customer Master file maintenance.
- Ensure all debit/credit claims and queries are processed in a timely manner and within authorised sanction limits.
- Personally manage the Intensive care accounts.
- Manage the debit note reporting and resolution.
- Manage the Returns process and credit note creation.
- Manage the monthly B2C account reconciliations for E-comm and the Retail outlets.
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant Credit Control experience: essential that some has been gained in a Retail Credit Control environment
- A good educational standard is required and relevant CICM qualification is essential
- Demonstrable team development and management skills
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of accounting software and good Word & Excel experience is essential
- Demonstrable efficient time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail