We are delighted to be working with a world leading events business who are currently undergoing several digital transformation programs while driving large-scale Agile adoption through the central technology and product teams.
The programme touches all parts of the business, changing their engagement with regional offices, globally and business units, and positively impacting their experience. This opportunity now exists to help them continue along the path and deliver added value for our customers.
- Deliver digital products using the appropriate Agile delivery methodology, adapting and iterating frequently at a sustainable pace.
- Delivery assurance through lean governance and risk management / reduction across the programme.
- Facilitate key programme ceremonies for health, continual improvement, risk, staff and scope change.
- Align process to delivery of value, inspect and adapt to keep it simple and effective.
- Ensure the vision and goals are clear and that horizon plans deliver on these goals and vision. Ensure cross team dependencies are included in the plan.
- Provide lightweight planning support as needed. Shape complex plans supporting the team.
- Ensure delivery plans align with rollout and any other plans that are interdependent.
- Ensure there is adequate due diligence in planning to achieve realistic and achievable plans.
- Engage with the PMO and other departments to agree appropriate reporting, communication and governance activities.
- Communicate the plan, planning assumptions and data-driven progress updates to a range of stakeholders.
- Clear communication and information radiators internally and externally to the programme/portfolio to instil confidence and encourage healthy conversations to drive key decision making.
- Managing expectations and seeking decisions from senior stakeholders on changing requirements.
- Ensure visibility of changes arising from senior stakeholders that affect the delivery of the programme
- Encourage teams to be accountable, autonomous and have authority, as well as being open, honest and creating visibility.
- Work in collaboration with key roles such as product owners, technical leads, iteration managers, tech excellence and user experience to ensure planning across the product lifecycle.
- Forecasting, tracking and reporting of project level financials as needed.
- Support collaboration across different project streams and functions to ensure clarity.
- Enable teams to adopt Agile principles and continually improve Agile delivery practices.
- Desire to ensure all members of staff succeed through supportive mentoring and coaching.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others at all levels, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organisation.
- Deputise for the Programme Director in any areas required.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivery on Agile methods, Agile planning techniques that promote reliable, high confidence delivery of value across multiple value streams and a sound understanding of what differentiates a digital company from an analogue one and how digital and agile interplay with each other.