Enterprise Architect - Iconic British Brand - Digital Change
Enterprise Architect, applications, network, infrastructure, data, architecture, reporting solutions, IT strategy, Java, ITIL
The Consultancy Group are recruiting on behalf of an iconic British Retail company. It is on a roadmap to establish a cutting-edge e-commerce experience for is customers and colleagues, along with new dynamics way of working and to be a true culture carrier throughout the organisation.
They are seeking an Enterprise Architect (EA) in a role that will span across all domains of the technical stack ensuring that applications, storage, network, infrastructure, data and reporting solutions are in line with the business, technology and governance strategies, policies and standards.
- Define the technical architecture of what the business is trying to achieve as a business over the next 3-5 years.
- Assure that all technical designs and solutions developed across IT are viable and fit-for-purpose and support the wider business strategy.
- Work with the IT audience and the wider business to build a seamless and well-integrated IT system, aligned with our business needs, quality standards and service commitments.
- Help recruit and coach technical and functional architects, while building a forum for best practice sharing around architecture standards.
- Partner with Digital on how technology can be used to drive growth, increase revenues and deliver an excellent co-worker and customer journey.
Key Skills Required:
- Demonstrable experience in creating viable IT strategy and architecture roadmap, with appropriately planned transition stages and various levels of detail that speak to both a technical and a business audience, a global stewardship mind set and a talent for navigating cultural nuances to deliver the right outcomes for the business and its partners.
- A self-starter with results-driven approach and a desire to win, with strong business acumen and commercial focus. Takes on challenges and manages risk
- Great leadership and relationship management that delivers results through effective teamwork, great communication and strong stakeholder focussed relationships. Strong verbal and written communication, facilitating audiences across our business at different locations
- An understanding of the full technology stack and an innovative approach to problem solving, a good multi-tasker, open to ideas and uses feedback to improve approach and outcomes
- Combination of detail orientation and big picture thinking, able to develop strategy and translate this into business plans that deliver the right outcomes.
- Experience in building high performing teams including use of coaching to drive performance.
- Development languages (Java; VB; XML)
- Experience working with C-level executives