My Client is looking for a finance analyst experienced in business partnering and key stakeholder management. Based in Central London, the role is a great opportunity for a part-qualified candidate to join a large, growing organization.
The job's most important functions and responsibilities and percentage of time.
What is done? Why? And When?
Working under the guidance of and supporting the Senior Accounting and Finance manager, the responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to:
- Responsibility for the accuracy of monthly / quarterly / annual reporting.
- Work closely with accounting shared service centre to ensure key accounting journal entries are prepared/reviewed, posted timely and accurately
- Preparation of analysis versus budget / forecasts and support preparation of month-end reports
- Preparation of quarterly / annual SOX deliverables
- Maintain content licensing schedules, assisting in month-end reconciliation to SAP
- Follow up with shared service centre on outstanding month-end items, ensuring these are actioned timely and accurately
- Raise inter-company invoices in-line with allocation calculation agreed with Senior Accounting and Finance Manager and business partner
- Assist with the preparation of audit
Business support and analysis
- Support the accounts payable end-to-end process for the operational team, ensuring compliance with SPE policy
- Support to Senior finance teams on ad hoc projects
- Assist Head of FP&A with regular presentations/analysis required for forecasts, new business, and reporting to SPT executives
- Responsible for the annual budget and the forecasting process
- Media sector experience desirable
- Part-qualified (preferably Professional level in ACCA or Strategic level in CIMA) for professional accountancy qualification
- Accounting in SAP desirable
Skill and abilities
- Highly organized, working under pressure and across different time zones
- Ability to work and engage cross-functionally and remotely - excellent communication skills both written and verbal and great interpersonal skills both over the phone and face to face
- A strong team player who thrives under the pressure of meeting tight deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills, together with the ability to be flexible, adaptable and resourceful
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and to use own initiative in all situations