The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for an interim Business Partner to join a well known media business. Your role will assist the Managing Director for Events in developing a series of reports. In addition to preparing monthly forecasts and annual budget, a key part of the role will be business partnering to provide financial insights:
Forecasting and budgeting
- Support Business Heads in preparing budgets and forecasts. Lead the monthly forecast process. Ensure that monthly forecasts and annual budgets are planned, consolidated and delivered in timely manner.
- Lead financial analysis to support strategic planning for TEB businesses.
- Develop forecast models to drive improvements in forecast accuracy, speed and timeliness
Reporting and analysis
- Provide insight into trends in the KPIs and dashboard and analysis
- Own the consolidation, review and delivery of the weekly reports
- Support the business heads to forecast sales
- Undertake Client, Industry and geographical data analysis to help the business
- Provide insightful commentary and supporting analysis for the monthly reporting packs
- Support Heads of Business in preparing the monthly results review deck and commentary
- Set-up and maintain shadow P&Ls as required
- Measure and report on the ROI of initiatives
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to support business
- Provide insight into weekly revenue reporting by identifying and analysing underlying trends and drivers of performance. Proactively highlight trends and insights to senior management for action.
- Help the business to develop improved KPIs
- Develop improved datasets and analysis
- Proactively drive improvements in reporting and insight
- Track and manage the sales funnel and improve accuracy of sales funnel data in Sales Force
- Monitor overall margins and profitability as part of regular financial reporting and analysis
- Review requests to ensure the budgeted salary/temp costs are consistent with budget and forecast
- Proactively analyse spend to identify opportunities to reduce costs
- Support the Heads of Business and manager with business case development for new initiatives.
To succeed in the role you must have:
- Professional Accounting Qualification (CIMA preferred)
- Experience working in business partnership type role
- Strong organisation skills able to coordinate multiple inputs
- Advanced user in PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with PeopleSoft or similar ERP and reporting systems
- Experience working with multiple products, currencies and geographic locations
- Fluent English. (Additional languages are a bonus)