The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for a Finance Business partner for a well known publishing business.
This role is a 12 months FTC, with the ideal candidate available to start on short notice.
● Support Deputy Senior BP in managing P&L, balance sheet & cashflow on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis as relevant. Includes budgeting, forecasting and actual performance reporting (including preparation of month-end accounts), ensuring timely, accurate, relevant, reliable and quality insight outputs for relevant business areas. Also includes responsibility for balance sheet review and reconciliation and risk and opportunity raising
● Own day to day P&L and balance sheet reporting and review, ensuring accuracy, integrity of data, solid reporting and analysis in accordance with strict timetable
● Ensure costs and revenues are captured in accordance with stated policies and internal guidelines
● Effective Business Partner to the relevant department heads/budget holders, providing both support and challenge on the numbers. Ensure stated strategy is reflected in the financial plans from both a short and long term perspective
● Provide commercial financial support, partnering and risk management to the dedicated areas of the business - relating to weekly and monthly reporting, planning, budgeting and forecasting, KPI's
● Support any commercial discussions with solid financial modelling including sensitivity analysis. Provide thought and insight on potential outcomes
● Aid decision making by providing financial support, guidance and modelling to guide outcomes
Budgeting & Forecasting
● Support Deputy Senior BP in terms of producing quarterly forecasts and annual budget in accordance with strict deadlines and group controlled guidelines.
● Provide information and analysis on cost and revenue trends
● Utilize existing models to help inform decision making
● Be an independent source of review and challenge to the business in order to ensure outcomes are robust
● Produce budget and forecast in the system
● Support production of reporting packs, providing variance analysis, commentary etc
Essential skills required for the role
● Strong communication skills and ability to work across the business, both with financial and non- financial partners.
● Strong modelling & excel skills
● Proactive approach to work and problem solving
● Confident communicator, able to clearly articulate issues and identify solutions
● Qualified accountant
● Team management experience desirable