Purpose of the role:
To act as a finance business partner supporting stakeholders to drive overall financial performance across Commercial and Marketing business areas.
· Be the primary contact for business stakeholders for financial insight and understanding, working with the business area to improve financial understanding and compliance with finance processes
· Providing forward looking financial information to key stakeholders and the CFO, leading regular business review meetings to deliver insight and identify risks and opportunities
· Build and maintain effective working relationships across teams, act as the financial ‘go to person’ for business stakeholders
· Work with project sponsors to ensure a simple and consistent approach to business case preparation to comply with the Board approved Investment Appraisal methodology.
· Challenge performance and drive change to ensure key operational and financial targets are achieved or beaten
· Lead budgeting, forecasting and planning cycle for Commercial and Marketing business area
· Work with management to formulate strategic and long-term business plans, leading the completion of a 20 Year Plan for the business area
· Support and drive ad-hoc projects and initiatives as required
Experience and skills required
· A strong academic background
· Qualified accountant with min 5 years of PQE (CIMA or equivalent)
· Independent and pro-active in nature with passion to learn and grow
· Robust analytical & modelling skills