The Consultancy Group are currently looking for a Finance Business Partner to join a listed Technology business based in Central London.
Reporting in to the Financial Controller this is an opportunity for a Qualified accountant with 3+ Years of Qualified Experience to business partner with both the sales and marketing teams for a multi-national business.
- Driving and supporting the business to achieve its financial objectives
- Accountability for supporting and enabling financial performance in line with budget (EBIT)
- Leading the monthly reforecast process to ensure that risks, opportunities and key actions are well communicated to the business and understood by all key stakeholders
- Supporting the development of initiatives to meet financial targets and lead finance work-streams where possible (e.g. headcount / structural analysis and review of controllable spend to maximise EBIT performance)
- Overall responsibility for ensuring an effective, efficient and accurate month-end close process across costs, capex and balance sheet, overseeing and reviewing performance of key activities by the team in Sofia
- Acting as the finance lead on Global EDQ Investment projects - e.g. investment case, or other capex development projects. This involves formulation of all financials (for review by FD), providing challenge on assumptions and inputs, liaising with regions around revenue assumptions, and defining and implementing processes to effectively track progress against the investment
- Provides financial insights to business stakeholders and helps shape business decisions, including:
- Input and challenge around resourcing strategy for global product development, ensuring that best value for money achieved
- Ensure that monthly MI reporting is completed in line with timetable, and that it provides clear insights and relevant KPI's to support decision making
- Longer term financial planning
- Defining process for global product reporting, and reviewing on a monthly basis
- Acts as the Finance lead on key business projects, with accountability for delivering relevant finance inputs and impacts (e.g. process considerations) examples may include running the Annual budget and strategic planning process, including project management, review of analysis, communication to key stakeholders and preparation of formal budget reporting
- Working proactively to identify and drive opportunities for process improvements within finance and the wider business
- Acts as Finance leader in the business to provide finance support and coaching to key stakeholders within the business.
- Acting as a coach and role model within the finance team - providing financial insight on business performance and sharing best practice from other global teams
- Accountable for working across the Finance team to ensure that effective controls are in place around appropriate process around purchasing, recruitment and cross-regional royalty payments
- Actively contribute to a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the business.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers.
- ACA/ ACCA or CIMA qualified, ideally with some proven post qualification experience
- Strong drive to understand the commercial drivers of a business
- Excellent numeracy and analytical problem solving capabilities
- Strong financial analysis and modelling skills
- Presence, gravitas and ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to communicate numerical information in an easy to understand manner
- Leadership and people management experience, along with coaching skills
- Adaptability to change and proven track record of working in a fast paced, matrix organisation
- Solid knowledge and understanding of technical accounting issues - e.g. revenue recognition, Capex