The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting an interim Finance Director (for 9 months) in Heerenveen, Netherlands – the key requirements are experience in D2C as a Senior Financial Operator.
The responsibilities/deliverables are below:-
The B&F Finance role:
- Lead the annual financial planning and budgeting process, for all B&F countries, channels and functions within the business (e.g. marketing, warehouse, people)
- Build a D2C financial view of the plan (phased over time) including:
- Sales by e-comm KPIs such as traffic, conversion, units per transaction, AOV
- Sales by marketing channels bottom up
- Sales by customer segment bottom up (new, existing, spend, frequency)
- Sales by product category bottom up
- Break this down to a daily and weekly level – this will form the basis of ongoing reporting used to drive trade every day of the week
- Control the B&F P&L and ensure the business has a commercial approach at all times –managing down costs, driving sales and striving for profit
- Lead the re forecasting process – help highlight and facilitate the process for identifying areas of opportunity, risk and the quantification of plans for mitigation
- Deliver the D2C financial management information required to drive trade and manage performance: daily sales (does not exist at the level required), month end, quarterly review etc.
- Drive efficiency in the operation of the business – use D2C cost ratios and benchmarking analysis to identify areas of opportunity
- Ensure the processes is in place to objectively measure the success of our spend e.g. D2C marketing (€6m spend), product buying (€50m spend) – push for efficiency
- Ensure the right D2C systems and processes are in place to deliver the above (using SAP I assume….my previous company used Essbase Oracle)
- Help build D2C business cases for B&F growth driving initiatives – bring D2C experience to the decision making process – then analyse success vs business case assumptions
- Provide financial insight from D2C market data and the competition that help benchmark performance, identify growth opportunities and risks
- As a member of the B&F Leadership Team, help create a commercial culture of day to day e-commerce trading - challenge the norm to deliver bottom and top line growth
- Work with the central team who manage the standard business as usual activities e.g. month end / balance sheet / cash flows etc.