JOB TITLE: Finance Director
REPORTS TO: VP Finance
- Work with the VP of Finance to ensure that robust financial systems and processes are in place and are adhered to.
- Accountable for the integrity of the financial results (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statements, etc.) and through partnering with Finance Shared Service team in the correct application of accounting practices.
- Investigate, implement and track efficiency improvements that maximize revenues and reduce costs
- Provide financial leadership, and relevant counseling and advice to the ISS management teams
- Ensure suitable benchmarking activities and financial KPI tracking is in place to support ISS management's decision making
- Oversee production, by the Finance Shared Services team, of the monthly accounts and any other reports or summaries as required by the ISS business
- Liaise Treasury to ensure cash flow is managed appropriately
- Manage budgeting and forecasting process, working across the ISS business and relevant support functions to identify any variances and to identify any opportunities or mitigating actions
- Ensure ISS remains aligned with corporate finance principles and objectives
- Liaise with corporate finance and auditors as part of annual monitoring
- Support corporate finance in the completion of any corporation on sales tax filings
- Oversee analysis for capital expenditure requests and assist in coordinating and communicating the presentation of the requests to senior management.
- Review spending against budget, with individual departments
- Present ISS' financial position, including variance to budget and forecast at ISS monthly board meetings and other meetings as required
- Prepare commercial models and undertake cost-benefit analysis for new business opportunities
- Aided by the VP Finance, understand and provide advice on regulation, legislation and industry developments and how they will likely impact the business
- Develop relationships with external advisors, e.g. solicitors, auditors, advisors, banks, etc.
- Responsible for the effectiveness and productivity of direct and indirect reports in support of business objectives. Providing coaching and development to improve their performance and in support of their own personal and career development.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in finance or Accounting; MBA preferred
- CPA or CMA preferred
- 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to manage through change
- Advanced knowledge of financial management and accounting principles
- Strategic thinker and decision maker