The Consulancy group are working with an interesting hospitality business to look for a Finance Manager on a 12month FTC basis with a view to going permanent.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for all areas of finance including financial control, management accounting, FP&A and commercial finance. They are however a small business, so it's likely that other areas may fall under your remit!
With the support of the Accounts Assistant:
- Financial Control & Management Accounting
- Regular balance sheet reviews, reviewing & coaching the Accounts Assistant through month end reconciliations where needed
- Management of the month end process and presentation of results to the CEO
- Management of the annual audit
- Meeting all statutory deadlines e.g. VAT, ERS, payroll taxes, etc.
- Review of annual tax return to maximise carried forward losses
- Be the main point of contact for insurance brokers
- Take overall responsibility for the accuracy of payroll supported by HR and the accounts assistant.
- Ownership of regular reporting, circulated to wider team and board
- Review of all reporting created by the Accounts Assistant before circulation
- Creation of the financial update within the Board pack
- Budgeting, forecasting and cashflow management
- Commercial & Strategic
- Become a trusted business partner to the CEO.
- Build cross functional relationships, working with heads of Marketing, HR, and product teams on spend, ROI, stock management etc.
- Ad hoc, e.g. price change analysis, customer behaviour, frequency analysis
- Review occupancy and flag timetable changes required
- Management, coaching and development of the Accounts Assistant
- Build financial literacy across the wider business.
- 2-4 years post qualified ACA or equivalent
- Some industry experience preferred
- Excited about joining an ambitious and energetic wellness business.