The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for a Finance Manager in Central London with an immediate start. This role is part of a small finance team which supports both the needs of the London region finance team and the Central Finance team. The role involves ongoing challenging of the financial reporting and forecasting of the business, ensuring strong financial controls and procedures are in place, but also provide support and advice to the business via continual support. The role will support closing the year end accounts.
Financial Management and Reporting
- Drive monthly profit centre reviews, challenge performance and ensure integrity of monthly forecasts within the forecasting system (Axiom) whilst ensuring they are stretching but achievable
- Manage production of monthly management accounts within set deadlines, ensuring accurate reflection of financial performance and variances
- Ensure robust balance sheet and working capital management
- Help Profit Centre Managers to drive growth, improved profitability, and operational resilience by utilisation and monitoring of appropriate KPI's, and other management information, and provide challenge thereof
- Help assess, mitigate and manage business and financial risks
- Support the finance team to complete Region and Business Unit monthly reporting packs for presentation to the Government Services division.
Finance Transformation Project Support
- Provide finance support to transformation programme as required. This is likely to include detailed analysis of historic P&L and balance sheet data and gathering data to fulfil new system requirements.
- Hold a recognised Professional Accountancy qualification such as CIMA/ACCA and have at least 3 years post qualification experience
- Ability to work independently of supervision and be proactive in all areas of the role
- Able to solve problems and present back clear findings to management
- Strong skills and ability in excel. Must be competent of dealing with large, formula driven, spreadsheets and able to present clear and concise summaries
- Attention to detail but also being able to see the "bigger picture"
- Team player with "hands on" approach
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to liaise with non-finance staff and at all levels