The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for a Finance Manager for a FTSE listed business based in Central London.
The Role & Responsibilities
The role of the Finance team is to provide strong financial support, management and robust challenge within the business, enabling the Profit Centre Managers to deliver their monthly Profit Centre information and reporting in a timely manner, help drive growth and improved profitability as well as aiding effective and efficient management of, and decision making across the business.
Key responsibilities of this interim role are:
Financial Management and Reporting
- Drive monthly profit centre reviews, challenge performance and ensure integrity of monthly forecasts within the forecasting system (Axiom) whilst ensuring they are stretching but achievable
- Manage production of monthly management accounts within set deadlines, ensuring accurate reflection of financial performance and variances
- Ensure robust balance sheet and working capital management
- Help Profit Centre Managers to drive growth, improved profitability, and operational resilience by utilisation and monitoring of appropriate KPI's, and other management information, and provide challenge thereof
- Help assess, mitigate and manage business and financial risks
- Support the finance team to complete Region and Business Unit monthly reporting packs for presentation to the Government Services division.
Finance Transformation Project Support
- Provide finance support to transformation programme as required. This is likely to include detailed analysis of historic P&L and balance sheet data and gathering data to fulfil new system requirements.
- Hold a recognised Professional Accountancy qualification such as CIMA/ACCA and have at least 3 years post qualification experience.
- Ability to work independently of supervision and be proactive in all areas of the role.
- Able to solve problems and present back clear findings to management
- Strong skills and ability in excel. Must be competent of dealing with large, formula driven, spreadsheets and able to present clear and concise summaries.
- Attention to detail but also being able to see the "bigger picture"
- Team player with "hands on" approach
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to liaise with non-finance staff and at all levels
- SAP Experience
- Axiom Experience
- Finance implementation/transformation project experience
- Contract accounting experience is preferred including a good understanding of revenue recognition under IFRS.