A very exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepeneurial Retail company which has impressive profit growth results for 2019! The next 5 year plan will offer you huge exposures and projects to be part of Senior Management and reporting directly into the founders. This role will offer you the chance to make a real and significant impact in development and change with growth to the business.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Ownership of the Finance function, including ownership of the General Ledger, Accounts Payable function and Treasury function
- Ensure the smooth running of finance team and management of one team member
- Maintaining a robust control environment, financial controls to be continuously reviewed and improved across all areas of finance
- Support the founders and directors in all financial aspects of the business
- Support the operational teams with relevant analysis and KPI reporting to ensure trading is optimised across channels, including provision of relevant sales reporting
- Preparation of management accounts reporting pack to include P&Ls, Balance Sheet, sales and cost analysis and commentary on a monthly basis
- Stock reconciliations to ensure stock and cost of sales are accurately reported, including the management of physical stock counts and stock loss reporting and accounting entries
- Full ownership of the trial balance ensuring journals are posted accurately and are reviewed against budgets/forecasts monthly
- Management of budgeting & forecasting & 5 year plans, including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Capital Expenditure
- Preparation of seasonal stock budgets to ensure monthly sales targets can be achieved
- Manage currency exposure with 3rd party provider to support the Buying and Merchandising team by setting and achieving a buying exchange rate to ensure margin is protected from currency fluctuations
- Review of monthly payroll including liaison with 3rd party payroll providers to ensure smooth running of all payroll matters
- Cash flow management, tracking actual cash flow movements against budgeted cash flow movements and highlighting issues in a timely manner
- Review and submission of all statutory filings including quarterly VAT return
What you will need to succeed:
- You will need to be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with experience of a fashion/lifestyle retail business.
- Adaptable and organised as the role has a broad scope within a fast-paced environment.
- Driven pro-active individual who is technically adept and able to provide leadership skills to the business and team.
- Able to work autonomously and confidently use your own initiative.