The Consultancy Group are currently seeking a Finance Manager for a rapidly growing, and well known retail business.
Candidates MUST have 1-2 years PQE, and must come from an online/ e-commerce background.
- Ensure accurate and complete accounting in line with the month-end timetable.
- Provide hands on support for the balance sheet control process, including regular detailed review of balance sheets with significant focus on material balances to identify balance sheet risks.
- Significant involvement in the year-end process, preparation of deliverables for the audit and key contact for the auditors during the audit process.
- Deliver timely and accurate monthly management information to the Online team with commentary that demonstrates comprehensive understanding of cost drivers and variance analysis to budget and prior year.
- Hold monthly review meetings with the E-commerce Director and Head of Marketplaces to feedback actionable insight into the result. Identify drivers of overspend and support and challenge the Online team to ensure delivery and control of their budget.
- Evolve month end reporting and analysis to better communicate financial performance to key stakeholders to support decision making.
- Support and guide the Online team through the budget process, liaising closely with the Commercial Finance team to provide key inputs.
- Develop and mature a close working relationship with the Online team so that finance input is sought as a matter of course.
- Qualified accountant with up to two years PQE working in a large company.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and a desire to drive improvements in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial business.
- Excellent numeracy and IT skills including advanced Excel with a strong attention to detail.