The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for a Finance Manager for a Management Consultancy Firm. The ideal candidate will come from a professional services background. The role is a 6 months temp to perm, paying up to £65,000.
- Responsible for the production of monthly management accounts and other key management information.
- Act as the business partner for key sectors and business units, whilst supporting the wider finance function.
Financial and management accounts
- Responsibility for relevant sector / business unit reporting
- Adhere to the reporting timetable
- Perform revenue and margin analysis, commenting on key variances
- Analyse overheads, commenting on key variances.
- Prepare / review accrued and deferred income reports
- Prepare / review balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of transactions within the finance system
- Improve month-end controls and processes where appropriate
- Act as the business partner and primary point of contact for relevant sectors / business units
- Produce Sector / Business Unit performance and other adhoc reports, as required
- Support the preparation / review of summary financial accounts and consolidations
- Collaborate with the wider finance function to ensure the smooth running of month-end processes, and the production of key deliverables within deadlines
- Support the wider corporate functions (HR, Marketing, IT, etc.)
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a minimum of 3 years post qualified experience
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Experience of reporting (e.g. Excel based Management Accounts, KPIs and other MI)
- Strong/Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of accounting packages, preferably Access applications (FocalPoint and Dimensions)
- Experience of working within the professional services/consulting sector (preferable)
- Experience of working within a partnership environment (preferable)
- Thoroughness and attention to detail is critical
- Diligent, structured and organised approach to work
- Able to drive change with a track record of delivering processes improvements
- Ability to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels (written and verbal)