The Consultancy Group are assisting a interesting retail business in their hire of a Finance Manager for a 1 year fixed term contract (maternity cover).
The role main duties and responsibilities include -
- Responsibly to ensure accurate and compliant accounts for subsidiaries including fulfilling all local statutory deadlines on VAT returns, Intrastat, Statutory Annual Accounts etc.
- Ensure all deadlines for monthly, quarterly and annual closing are completed on time including local reporting, management reporting and Group IFRS reporting.
- Manage, coach and ensure proper training for the Nordic Accounting Team
- Lead cash flow, payroll and banking processes
- Lead budget and forecast preparation for the subsidiary
- Be main point of contact for auditors, tax advisors, lawyers and key suppliers
- Proactively ensure compliance and keep up to date on key governance aspects, within areas like accounting, tax, legal, local compliance etc.
- Managing credit control function to ensure cash targets and other KPIS are being met each month/quarter
- Work closely with the Financial Analyst as well with key commercial stakeholders to track performance versus budget, improve profitability, enhance controlling and drive productivity in the subsiduary.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with post qualified experience within a SME environment and team management experience.