A fantastic position working to work for a major Retail brand, based at their Head Office as an experienced Accountant to support the team focusing on VAT. Reporting into the Head of Finance, this position will play a crucial role to the finance teams. Along with being a strong business partner, this role is working within a fast paced and fun office with a fantastic team to support and work with you.
The role is a FTC of 3 months and you will need to be able to start within the next few weeks.
- Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns for two UK entities, ensuring all payments are made on time
- Engaging with third party advisers to ensure compliance with EU distance selling rules; adjusting UK VAT returns and management accounts as appropriate, supporting advisers with EU VAT returns and managing payments to EU jurisdictions
- Submitting EC Sales lists and Intrastat declarations to the authorities
- Business Partner to several parts of the Retail an Head Office teams
- Strong organisation, numeric and communication skills
- Previous experience of VAT/accounting within a business that makes EU purchases and supplies
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of UK, Ireland and wider parts of European