The Consultancy Group are currently looking for a Financial Controller to join a Listed Retailer / Distributor based in Central London.
Reporting in to the Head of Group Reporting this is a great opportunity for an ACA Qualified Accountant to join a PLC business currently experiencing high levels of International growth.
- Financial Reporting
- Develop and maintain the Group reporting timetable, ensuring that deadlines are met across the Group and identifying opportunities to accelerate the reporting timetable;
- Lead the Group consolidation process each month, including the preparation of the consolidated Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement and other performance metrics;
- Prepare the Group's annual consolidated financial statements and interim reports, including liaison with internal stakeholders, external advisors, designers and printers;
- Provide a "centre of excellence" in terms of accounting and reporting standards, skills and capabilities, keeping abreast of all developments in accounting standards which may affect the Group and supporting the Group and business units on technical accounting and reporting issues.
- Lead the financial reporting aspects of acquisition integrations, including goodwill calculation, valuation of intangible assets, and subsequent impairment reviews;
- Ensure that the Group's consolidation system meets the reporting requirements of the business; and
- Ensure, in conjunction with Group Finance Systems, that changes to the Group's consolidation system are made on a timely basis to meet reporting requirements.
- Primary point of contact with auditors for the year-end audit and interim review of the consolidated financial statements for the Inchcape Group;
- Perform ad hoc reviews on accounting and reporting matters to ensure consistency across Markets and compliance with Group standards and policies;
- Partner with other Group functional leaders on accounting matters including FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Business Development and Pensions; and
- In conjunction with Group Reward, maintain the financial performance data for the Group's long-term incentive schemes (Performance Share Plan, Share Matching Plan and Executive Share Option Scheme).
- Lead, motivate and develop two direct reports.
- Qualified Accountant;
- Experienced in the preparation of complex consolidated management and financial information for a UK listed group;
- Excellent understanding of IFRS reporting requirements;
- Delivery focused with an ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Strong MS Excel skills;
- Strong intellect and analytical skills;
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to influence, challenge and persuade others through personal credibility, integrity and professionalism;
- Ability to support/guide and influence multiple internal and external stakeholders;
- Appreciative of the cultural sensitivities of working in a highly international business;