The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting an Interim Financial Controller for a Private Equity backed Technology business based in Central London. Managing a team of four, the Senior financial controller is expected to set up new legal entities, new bank accounts, an understanding of local tax requirements, setting up of ledgers, payrolls etc. and establishing processes. The Senior financial controller is a key participant in ensuring this is done professionally and once set up is handed on to the relevant teams.
- Take ownership of all financial accounting matters relating to the Group; ensure all business activities are recorded accurately, timely;
- Drive close of general ledger in accordance with month end cadence; identify synergies across the department to reduce the close cycle;
- Prepare monthly board pack and present to key finance stakeholders;
- Oversight of the year end audit and preparation of statutory accounts alongside the Group Reporting Manager;
- Deliver all local regulatory, compliance reporting; and prepare investor and lender reporting packs;
- Work with wider finance teams to streamline and standardise month-end processes; provide business insights to help deliver annual budget and 3-year plan;
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure accurate reporting and distribution of financial information across the business;
- Often deputise as the Group Financial Controller, acting as a key advisor to the CFO and a leader within the department; helping to prepare the business for an exit in the medium term;
- Manage at least three direct reports.
- ACA Qualified accountant with at least 5 years PQE.
- Experience in optimising / accelerating / automating month-end close processes, including Balance Sheet governance;
- Hands-on approach to working; able to work in a fast paced, dynamic, start-up environment and be able to operate with ambiguity;