The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting a number one Financial Controller to join a vibrant, multi-site restaurant chain.
The successful candidate will be overseeing the finance function, during a time of exciting change and growth delivering and driving internal controls and processes forward.
This role reports directly to the MD/CEO and naturally will offer some interaction with the commercial functions of the business, included exposure to other internal stakeholders.
- Number one Finance Position reporting into MD/CEO
- Overall control of the company's accounting function and all financial transactions and accountancy matters including annual Statutory Accounts preparation and Audit ensuring the accounting policies comply with the relevant accounting standards.
- Key responsibility for cash management for both working capital purposes and with regards to accurate and dynamic forecasting to facilitate company growth & Debt Servicing
- Prepare month end financial reporting for the company including variance analysis and value-added analytical review
- Monthly balance sheet control and reconciliations with ongoing reviews of all internal accounting controls
- Responsible for all budgeting and other financial planning and ongoing related advice for the senior management.
- Formulating financial targets and budgets in accordance with the strategy determined by the board.
- Establish new financial systems or processes needed and implement into the business.
- Managing an appropriate finance and adviser structure to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, timely filing of returns, tax planning in respect of all business taxes.
- Preparation of data submissions for UK Value Added and Corporation tax computations and liaison with HMRC on regulatory matters as necessary
- Manage and develop 4 existing members of the finance team and build the team as needed enable growth
- Experience in a fast-paced, multi-channel Consumer facing Company
- Senior Management experience and ability to communicate successfully across all levels within the business from restaurant staff to directors
- Excellent understanding and experience at managing working cashflow on daily / weekly basis and cashflow projections
- Experienced at working with budgeting and forecasting for multi-site businesses
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, with a willingness to challenge and build effective cross-functional working relationships that drive change and improve efficiency