The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for an interim financial controller for a fintech business based in West London.
We're looking for a financial controller to come in and really own the function for the team. You'll be taking lead in reporting back to the business with your reports being presented to the board level, whilst ensuring our compliance around VAT, Payroll and Corporation tax. You'll be leading a small team, ensuring their continued growth and development whilst having input in the annual budget for the business. Financial savviness and the ability to communicate at all levels is key for the role.
What you will do
- Prepare summary of Management Accounts for Board Meeting - provide commentary on accounts.
- Prepare & review monthly group accounts.
- Consolidate accounts of the trading entities.
- Review and approve payroll.
- Review VAT returns.
- Ensure Statutory Payroll submissions are correct and submitted on time in conjunction with HR.
- Ensure Corporation Tax prepayment are done and on time.
- Ensure Audit and Prepare Statutory Accounts.
- Ensure Company complies with HMRC rules.
- Reporting of National statistics.
- Ensure team works to monthly deadlines.
- Monthly catch up with team members with yearly performance reviews.
- Work with the external accountants for preparation of annual returns.
- Review with team on billing portal and bad debt situation.
- Approve supplier settlements.
- Investigate and approve transactions as required.
- Approve merchant submissions of commercial trading rates.
- Set up new codes on accounting software.
- Assist in preparation of yearly budget.
- Compare month on month to actuals with variance analysis.
What you will bring
- Previous experience in a Financial Controller role.
- Strong understanding of statutory requirements.
- Strong budgeting experience.
- Leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with experience of presenting to stakeholders & leadership teams.
- Enthusiastic with a "can-do" attitude and data-driven mindset.
- Able to manage projects, prioritise tasks and self-motivate.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.