Financial Controller UK
This position, working under the direction of the Finance Director Europe, will be responsible for participating and assisting with month-end close, preparation and analysis of financial statements under Local GAAP and US GAAP, Corporation Tax, VAT/RCT Returns, payroll, general ledger maintenance, account reconciliations and maintaining and implementing internal controls. The responsibilities are spread across entities in Europe, including Dublin.
- Ensure compliance with company accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Compile and analyze financial information necessary to complete the month-end accounting close including preparation, input, and validation of journal entries including payroll and accruals.
- Research investigate and report variances on a monthly basis to maintain the integrity of the Company's general ledger and financial statements. Deep dive into the TB balances to substantiate and correct as necessary.
- Prepare/Review balance sheet account analyses and reconciliations to supporting documentation for all the UK/Europe entities, while investigating and resolving reconciling items timely.
- Interact with auditors and assist with the preparation and documentation to support both internal and external audits.
- Assist in developing annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Preparation of VAT returns for the various entities
- Work with the advisors and tax team to support the preparation of the corporation tax returns for various entities
- Gain an understanding of the existing Europe operations with a view to helping at busy periods and providing holiday cover if needed
- Support Facility Management by providing necessary reports and financial information.
- Work with AP team to help raise Purchase Orders, AP vouchers, coordinating & checking registration on PeopleSoft (VAT/expense) and liaising with Treasury regarding vendor payment queries.
- Ad hoc projects/tasks as required
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance, or related technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 plus years of relevant experience
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified candidate preferred
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and US GAAP
- PeopleSoft or similar ERP experience
- Proficient with Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal