The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for an interim Financial Controller to join a fast growth Fintech business based in Central London. As well as looking after the day to day running of the finance function, your role will focus on automation of current processes.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting function including preparation and analysis of monthly accounting entries, management accounts and financial information including commentary.
- Assist with weekly cash and treasury functions, including client invoicing, scheduling payments, oversight of debtors and creditors position and reconciliation of cash transactions.
- Prepare weekly Finance Report for the Executive Team.
- Work alongside the Head of Finance in preparing value add dashboard reporting for various departments and identifying improvements to KPI reporting, including business intelligence tools.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager and Head of Finance in developing and documenting scalable finance processes and controls, driving efficiencies within the Finance team and reducing reporting timelines.
- Ensure financial reporting is aligned with current UK GAAP accounting standards.
- Business partnering with teams across the business including Operations, Compliance and Account Managers.
- Assist the Head of Finance with current and future finance transformation projects.
- Ensure HMRC compliance including VAT returns, corporation and other tax returns/reporting.
- Ad-hoc, project-based analytical duties working closely with the Head of Finance.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Payments/FinTech experience highly desirable.
- Good technical accounting knowledge.
- Advanced excel skills (advance formulas, large data sets, pivot tables etc).
- Desire to work in a very high growth business.