The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for an interim Financial Controller to join a global consumer business. Your role will be responsible for maintaining the accounting records of the legal entities.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate financial records for the trading of the L.E (s) activity in accordance with local GAAP and IFRS.
· Responsible for the Legal Entity control environment
· Communicating closely with regional finance lead and Country Business Leaders, ensuring timely, accurate and complete monthly reporting.
· The role holder will ensure that monthly balance sheet reconciliations are reviewed on a timely basis.
· Review of sales contracts and terms and conditions to ensure that revenue recognition criteria
· Timely preparation of technical papers in respect of all significant one-off items
· Ensure that statutory financial statements and all other statutory filings are completed in-house
· Deal with matters raised by the statutory bodies in a timely and professional manner.
· Participating or leading system, operational or process changes as required.
· Acting as the interface for internal and external audits and driving simplification and continuous improvement of financial processes.
· Working closely with the businesses on initiatives and advising on implications from a local GAAP and IFRS point of view. Support with adhoc requests and analysis as required.
· Providing financial support in respect of major decisions affecting the organisation i.e. strategic initiatives including pension and worker's compensation issues, etc.
· Assisting with customer financing in line with approved corporate models