The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting a Financial Controller for a fast growing multi-site retail business. Reporting to the Group FD this position will overseeing a team of 3 in managing the day-to-day controllership, accounting and commercial function for the divisional regional operation.
- Leading month end close activities in line with deadlines and while improving processes
- Review of monthly journals, balance sheet and income statement, reconciliations and inter-company transactions
- Overseeing the preparation of month end analysis and commentary, management reporting packs and quarterly internal reporting for the senior management team
- Responsibility for improving accounting processes and internal controls
- Leading the external audit and preparation of financial statements and tax packs
- Business partner the commercial team and site management on investment appraisal, business case analyst and ad hoc projects
For success in this role you will be an ACA qualified finance professional with circa 5 years PQE within a similar Finance Manager/Financial Controller capacity, ideally within a multinational retail business. You will demonstrate excellent leadership skills and be confident in building relationships at all levels, both locally and internationally. Additionally a strong knowledge of UK and US GAAP will be essential to your success.