The Consultancy Group are recruiting a Financial Reporting and Planning Manager for a leading Publisher based in Central London.
The role will support the head of commercial affairs and provide pro-active financial, commercial and business advisory support and analysis to the managing directors of adult and children's publishing. The financial reporting and planning manager will be a trusted adviser, adding value that will assist in business decision-making.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Project manage the budgeting and forecasting process on a quarterly basis.
- Work with other areas of the business (including editorial, UK sales, international sales, audio, production, rights, operations and marketing) to gain relevant information to help compile budgets and forecasts.
- Review and report on previously published book performance to assist with influencing decisions for future acquisitions.
- Assist with the preparation of investment cases for new acquisitions.
- Prepare key monthly provision calculations on returns, stock and advances.
- Partner with the sales team to ensure the retail spend and retrospective discount trackers are accurately maintained to aid monthly accrual calculations