Location: West London
Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Maintain the ledgers up to trial balance and assist Group Accountants in the preparation of reporting packs and financials for quarterly and yearly reporting to management, investor and banks.
- Monthly reporting will be required eventually.
- Drafting of year-end financial statements (IFRS and/or US GAAP) for review by the Group Accountants and liaise with Group auditors for timely sign off
- Dealing with the commercial and technical managers for integrity of reports, queries, cash remittances, cost overruns, raising of invoices and other follow ups.
- Cash management (including payments) and liaising with the bank(s) for account maintenance.
- Assist Group accountants with daily operations.
- Perform office administrative duties with good interpersonal skills.
- Degree/diploma level or qualified by experience including someone studying towards accounting qualifications.
- Solid understanding of double-entry and book keeping.
- Ability to work independently/under minimal supervision and as part of a small but growing team.
- Good analytical skills with an eye for the detail.
- Able to handle pressure, capable of multi-tasking and organising own tasks.
- Shipping industry experience desirable.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Experience of using accounting software; Navision desirable