The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for an FP&A Analyst to join a leading retailer on a 12 month contract. Based in their West London office, this commercially focused role will assist the UK, Ireland and Nordic finance team.
The role will include being involved and dealing with new projects and initiatives and driving performance, as well as managing regular reporting and forecasting.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and will be a creative and analytical problem solver.
Reporting to the Business Controller, your responsibilities will include:
- Data gathering to support the development of current financial planning and reporting processes with the business.
- Assemble and summarise data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks.
- Model data to support various projects across the business to drive process improvement initiatives.
- Preparation of internal trading analysis.
- Work in conjunction with the Group Reporting team to drive best practice and consistent processes.
- Support key decision makers in understanding the underlying performance of the business.
- Support the Business Controller in all finance matters including budgeting, forecasting and analytical review.
- Assist the Business Controller with any other ad hoc requests from Business Services (F&A) and Consumer Good Business (CGB) Managing Directors.
WHAT WE EXPECT
- Part-Qualified Accountant (ACCA or CIMA)
- Previous experience with Financial Planning and Analysis is desirable
- Advanced Excel and data modelling skills
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment
- SAP experience (or similar ERP system) is desirable
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to work autonomously with end to end ownership of processes
- Flexible with ability to multi-task and prioritise