The Consultancy Group are working with a Global Media/Tech business on a FP&A Analyst opening based in Central London. This is a great opportunity to be part of a FTSE listed business who are the leaders in their field. A newly created position.
- To consolidate data and prepare detailed analysis for management.
- Work alongside the Finance Business Partners and the Transformation team, to improve processes and reporting accuracy
- Ensures respect of procedures and Group accounting guidelines: respect of deadlines and formats, accuracy and consistency of financial information provided.
- Work with the FP&A Manager to provide a holistic view of the total business.
- Review analysis of month end reporting by business segments and involvement in the month end review meetings
- Support the annual budget process for the business and quarterly/planned forecasting
- Develop relationships and collaborate with teams across the business to provide them with business insight that will enable continuous improvement
- Develop an understanding of business areas including the key performance drivers to inform reporting and analysis
- Work with business to identify proposals which lead to operational efficiencies
- Support with the preparation of the quarterly board report; helping to explain variances and translating analysis into insightful commentary.
- Supporting the FP&A Manager as required, providing ad-hoc analysis and insights on specific issues
- Part Qualified / Finalist / Newly Qualified Accountant - (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) with sound technical accounting knowledge
- A methodical approach to work in a demanding and changing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to challenge gracefully and cut through complexity, not just taking the information at face value.
- Flexible with good time management and excellent communication skills, including the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with both finance and non-finance stakeholders
- An inquisitive and analytical mind with the ability to draw key business conclusions from analysis and anticipate scenarios