The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for a leading media and entertainment group based in Central London. Reporting to the Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for providing financial planning and commercial analytical support. You will support the Financial Planning & Analysis team in all commercial and financial planning processes and the delivery of accurate and timely updates on financial performance to the business.
You'll need to be a lateral thinker who can solve problems and deliver solutions to the business, whilst at the same time ensuring we stick to the rules and audit requirements are met. You'll constantly challenge how things are done and look for new ways to support the business to achieve excellence in its financial performance. As one of the contacts between the business and the finance team you'll spend significant time with department heads, identifying new ways to communicate performance and provide commercial support.
- Build relationships with the business area management team and department heads, providing support to management, addressing any issues with financial systems or procedures that might impede the successful operation or development of the business.
- Where decisions are taken within the business, ensure that the financial impact of such decisions are communicated on a timely basis.
- Ensure timely delivery of monthly reports, with commentary and analysis.
- Attend regular business area meetings with management to help them achieve their objectives, providing finance support and insight and follow-up on action points, as applicable.
Commercial and financial planning
- Ensure timely delivery of monthly financial information, with appropriate and consistent explanation of significant variations from budget and latest re-forecast.
- Ensure that subsequent re-forecasts reflect impact of highlighted variations (including monthly full-year forecasts and program slates), with appropriate explanation.
- Ensure financial planning and reporting highlights are shared in a timely manner to enable consistent inclusion in Group financial planning and reporting.
- In conjunction with Head of FP&A/Finance Business Partners, review accuracy and consistency of budget and re-forecast dataloads into INFOR, including liaison with business areas to validate data submissions
- Understand and validate assumptions used in planning commercial and other revenue forecasts during the relevant financial planning and reporting cycles.
- Understand and validate assumptions used for operating costs, overhead allocations, amortization and depreciation charges, interest expense and other income and costs as appropriate.
- Improve business understanding of contribution as a performance measure, especially in relation to events and sponsorship and utilize this information to assist in improved decision making.
- Track capital expenditure budgets, re-forecasts and annual spend, ensuring costs/benefit analysis is provided for all proposed investments.
- Ensure an accurate and timely cash-flow forecasting and reporting process, including analysis of related assumptions and variations.
- Ensure any significant changes to the commercial, Taxation or regulatory environment are escalated to Finance Management Team.
- Develop schedules to enable the planning processes
- Assist in the production of all finance reports and presentations being delivered to the board.
- With support from the management accounting team, provide month and YTD variance analysis and regular updates on current and forecast financial performance.
- Challenge the business's consideration of performance to focus on forward-looking positions and the impact for the full year and beyond of current decisions.
Finance policies and processes
- Challenge current processes to be more streamlined and automated.
- Work with finance management to challenge existing accounting policies.
- Adapt policies and processes in line with requirements maintaining the control environment.
Previous Skills and Qualifications:
- ACCA / CIMA qualification - Part Qualified
- A proven ability to work as a business partner with senior management, demonstrating confidence, strong influencing skills and excellent verbal and written communication.
- You will support all finance requirements in scope
- Problem solver who can think laterally to deliver commercial solutions to the business
- Attitudes Valued - Innovation, Flexibility, Proactivity, Positivity, Timeline achievement, obsessive about detail.
- Strong diverse systems experience including advanced excel (formulae, pivot tables etc). Experience with CODA Financials and Infor Reporting is preferred but not essential.