To monitor and control the credit extension, collection and payment activities of assigned accounts to ensure customer orders are serviced in a timely and efficient manner while maximizing collection efforts to improve cash flow.
To gather and analyze data and prepare financial reports for management.
- To ensure that customers pay amounts owed to the company on the due date, including the speedy resolutions of any queries or claims in liaison with the customer services team.
- To ensure compliance with the company credit policy, business processes and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- To review financial information, credit reports, customer pay history, etc. To recommend appropriate credit limits for assigned accounts.
- To allocate and bank all cash received into the business on a regular basis.
- To maintain the customer master data.
- To gather quantifying data and generate reports to assist in collections and identifying problem areas.
- To prepare periodic and ad-hoc reporting for management, as requested.
- To identify and recommend opportunities for improvement in existing procedures and processes consistent with company policies and procedures.
- To provide support and analysis for special projects, as needed.
- To perform other duties as required / assigned by manager.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in busy credit control department
- Fluent German and English
- SAP and Excel
- Good analytical ability
- Works well under pressure, follows through on commitments and meets deadlines
- Well organized and able to manage priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player