The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting an Interim Group Accountant for a large PLC based in Central London.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Preparation of annual and half-yearly statutory consolidated group financial statements under IFRS, key contact point for external auditors. Also including liaison with other departments such as tax, treasury, company secretarial, and business unit heads.
- To prepare relevant material for monthly Board Reporting addressing revenue, profits, cashflows, working capital, KPIs, etc
- Review and improve the financial governance and reporting processes of with Group Finance and across Group companies
- Accounting support for the business
- Championing Group systems (HFM, SAP, Axiom)
- Assistance with technical accounting including acquisition and disposal accounting
- Analysis and interpretation of new accounting standards
- Monitoring and analysing variances in group performance against budget, prior year and forecast
- Ad hoc project work
Person Specification - the successful candidate will be and have:
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA) - 3-4 years PQE
- Good technical accounting knowledge and previous IFRS and consolidation experience is essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team player