One of the largest UK-based marketing communications groups, with a turnover of approximately £90m, £50m in fee income, offices across the UK, Asia and the USA, and approximately 500 people.
The group has achieved strong revenue and profit growth over the last 5 years with a focus on building a London hub of agencies and providing clients with a multi-disciplinary offering. Recent performance has attracted a new round of financial investment, with UK-based private equity firm LDC investing in the business earlier this year.
Management expect the group to continue to grow rapidly in the future which will be achieved through a mixture of acquisitions, organic growth and operational efficiencies. We are looking to recruit a highly capable accountant to join the finance team on this journey.
This role will report directly into the Group Financial Controller and will be a key member of the small head office team, helping the business to deliver its goals going forwards.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and consolidation of the monthly Group cashflow forecasts
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances and trading across the Group
- Monthly accounting and reporting for head office cost centres
- Working with the agency finance teams to ensure accurate and timeous month end submissions
- Consolidation of Group statutory Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Preparation of the Group management accounts, including monthly P&L forecasts
- Managing the Group audit process
- Preparation of statutory accounts for Group and operating companies
- Assisting with the Group budget process
- Tax compliance responsibilities, including corporation tax calculations and VAT submissions
- Managing various employee benefits policies across the Group
- Bank administration and daily cash reporting
- Ad hoc support to Group CFO and CEO on all financial and commercial matters
- The role would ideally be suited to a newly qualified accountant or someone with 1 years' PQE
- Excel skills are important and experience with Cognos and Sage are advantageous
- Strong technical accounting skills with a detailed working knowledge of IFRS is required
- Highly organised self-starter who is able to roll their sleeves up, demonstrate initiative and manage conflicting deadlines
- Keen to learn
- Able to adapt to situations which might be new to them
- Strong communication skills to build effective working relationships with other finance staff across the Group, both in the UK and overseas
- A good sense of humour