The Consultancy Group are currently recruitinf for an interim Group accountant to join a FTSE 100 business based in Central London. You will be responsible owning the financial accounting for a portfolio of Group companies, as well as a number of technical areas.
GROUP COMPANY FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
- Maintenance of accounting records for a portfolio of Group companies
- Ownership and reconciliation of allocated balance sheet accounts
- Assistance with accounting for property, financing and tax structures in line with business requirements
- Management of accounting integration for relevant acquisitions and disposals
SUBSIDIARY STATUTORY ACCOUNTS PREPARATION PROCESS
- Preparation of the Group's subsidiary statutory accounts
- Liaise with external auditors and the internal Group Reporting team to ensure statutory accounts are prepared
- Ensure the Group's statutory accounts are filed with Companies House on a timely basis
TECHNICAL AREA OWNERSHIP
- Be a subject matter expert for a specific accounting area e.g. pensions, cash flow, share based payments etc.
- Own all accounting entries for subject area.
- Ensure correct presentation of subject area in Group accounts
- Assist with the production of the Group's periodic management accounts, ensuring all consolidation journals are posted and reconciled
- Assist with the intercompany process ensuring that all Group balances are accurately reconciled
- Ensure that the Group companies' management accounts are uploaded into Hyperion
- Preparation of cash flow statement and related commentary
BUDGETING & FORECASTING
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process for the Group's subsidiary entities in conjunction with relevant divisions
- Manage the budgeting & forecasting process for the allocated balance sheet accounts
- Perform a high standard of ad hoc analysis to support the CFO and Director of Group Finance