The Consultancy Group are currently working with a widely recognised FTSE listed multi-site retail group looking to hire a Group Accountant with 1-3 PQE for a newly created management opening. This position will offer significant variety and executive level stakeholder exposure, reporting into the Group Financial Controller.
You will work with the wider group finance team in the preparation of insightful internal and external reporting:
- Assisting in the preparation of published investor information including production of year-end and interim accounts and analyst presentations
- Supporting with the production of other consolidated group accounts and review of holding company accounts
- Partnering with other members of the finance department to provide ad-hoc reports and information to senior stakeholders as required
- Continual development of internal management reporting and financial insight
- Reviewing and maintaining robust controls, accounting policies and best practice across group finance
- Ad hoc projects to support the Group Reporting team e.g. acquisitions and bond issues
For success in this role with you be an ACA qualified accountant with 1-3 years post qualified experience either within a practice firm or within a similar group finance capacity within industry. You will have excellent communication skills being switched on, credible and a strong problem solver. You will ideally have had exposure to a complex FTSE reporting environment and have gained a strong technical accounting skill set. Finally, you will excel in building relationships at all levels, both in and out of finance.